lunes, 11 de febrero de 2008

Using Blogs in Language Teaching



Welcome to Juan´s Blog!!


You are invited to have a look at this blog and see the kind of activities I am doing with my students.

As you can see, I am using this blog to provide my students with many different activities and resources that I find useful for them.

Here are some examples:

  • They can watch clips from films and carry out listening activities, such as this:





  • It´s also possible to do interactive vocabulary and grammar excercises, like...





  • Also, you can put on podcasts:





  • You can also provide them with useful links to other websites that you think are interesting, such as this one, or this one

You can ask them to read articles online, like this, or visit a website and carry out a task, like I did in this case.


These are just some brief examples. Blogs can be used in many more ways to enhance students´ learning.

If you are still not sure what a blog is or how it could be used to teach languages, you can read this very informative article or watch this very nice and clear presentation I got from somewhere:


SlideShare | View | Upload your own



I hope you enjoyed it!!


Feel free to leave any comments.












<

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hi

We're TEFL students who have just had a look at your Blog and found it fab

Best,

Juan dijo...

Thank you very much for your comment. I am really glad tfl students like this blog. All the best in your career.